The exhibition was on view at the Kelsey Museum from August 26, 2016 to January 8, 2017. It was accompanied by a variety of public events.
Thursday, November 3, 2016 U-M Museum of Art's Apse
Failure:Lab is a story-telling event in which speakers courageously share personal experiences of failure. Like the "Less Than Perfect" exhibition, the UM Failure:Lab encouraged audience members to encounter failure as a source of insight, empathy, and growth. The event featured five storytellers from the University and Ann Arbor community; their stories were interspersed by musical performances from Michigan musicians Joy Rode, Mike Vial, Joe Broom, Angela Sheppard, Lizzy Shell, and the Jigsaw Reed Quartet.
- Amy Emberling Partner at Zingerman's Bakehouse View photo
- Jason De León Assistant Professor of Anthropology View video
- Arianna Carley Entrepreneur and Engineering Student View video
- Timothy McKay Arthur F. Thurnau Professor of Physics and Astronomy View video
- Nadine Jawad Public Policy Major View video
Exhibition Opening Lecture
- Prof. Carla Sinopoli, Exhibition Curator Wednesday, September 21, 2016 U-M Museum of Art's Stern Auditorium
- Saturday, August 27, 2016
- Saturday, September 24, 2016
- Curator Tour: Prof. Carla Sinopoli Sunday, December 4, 2016
Amateur Poetry Slam
- Wednesday, October 19, 2016 Kelsey Museum of Archaeology